Instructor Code of Conduct
Instructors can sign the Code of Conduct here, and confirm their contact details.
This Code of Conduct was approved by the Council on 18 July 2017. All New Zealand Resuscitation Council instructors are expected to uphold the Code.
I, …, agree that:
- To be a New Zealand Resuscitation Council instructor, I must meet the given requirements. 
- New Zealand Resuscitation Council education programmes must be provided using New Zealand Resuscitation Council guidelines and in accordance with the rules and regulations of each course.
- I will treat others fairly, and with dignity and respect.
- I will act in a professional manner and maintain appropriate personal conduct.
- Conflicts of interest (real or perceived) may arise, and I will declare these to the New Zealand Resuscitation Council.
- My New Zealand Resuscitation Council instructor status must not be used as an endorsement.
- My New Zealand Resuscitation Council instructor status must not be used in any advertising, promotion, or marketing other than for the delivery of New Zealand Resuscitation Council education programmes.
- Other acts may breach this Code of Conduct if they bring, or are perceived to bring, the New Zealand Resuscitation Council into disrepute either directly or by association.
All New Zealand Resuscitation Council instructors are requested to accept the Code of Conduct.
- Requirements to maintain instructor status are given here.
- A conflict of interest arises when a person’s private interests could influence the performance of their duties and responsibilities in the New Zealand Resuscitation Council's interest, or be perceived by another to do so. For example, if you are responsible for deciding on the provision of a service and have a close personal or financial relationship with the service provider, this is a conflict of interest. Conflict of interest is not unusual—what matters is how the conflict of interest is managed. If you are unsure if your situation is conflicted or you have a conflict of interest to declare, please contact us.
- New Zealand Resuscitation Council instructors are not to use their instructor status to endorse goods and services over which the Council has no control. For example, "As a New Zealand Resuscitation Council instructor, I recommend you purchase [brand] of equipment."
- This clause is intended to prohibit instructors leveraging their instructor status for third-party advertising, promotion, and marketing. It is not intended to preclude your ability to declare your instructor status to establish professional credibility in relevant situations, and in good faith.
- Examples include but are not limited to conviction or charge of a serious offense and other serious misconduct. Acts that may breach this Code will be judged on a case-by-case basis.